The plane landed in guatemala city to applause from many of the passengers. Ivan, my seatmate, said ¨these are guatemalan people.¨ Guatemala City is on a sort of plateau, with valleys filled with jungle that take huge slices out of the city.
Driving is a little terrifing, just from the passenger seat. it seems like everyone is trying to stay in one lane as little as possible. it felt like when I move from lane to lane, to stay in the fastest one, only everyone is doing it at the same time, so the lane is only fast for a few seconds, at which point you switch to the next one.
However, I made it to Antigua, and the house where I stay. since then I have eaten, slept and learned spanish.
this is my frst expidition into the city, my objective being el parque central. I believe it is only a few blocks from this cafe. if I am right, I will buy agua pura and a snack, and go home to sleep. supposedly learning a language uses 9 times more brainpower than the average person uses daily, and it must be true, because so far all I want to do is sleep.
I can´t say I miss you all yet, there´s too much distraction, but I´m sure it will come. for now, it would be awesome if you were here.
hasta luego
-Sam
6 comments:
just for the record your seat mate ivan should probably know that they're acually called gautemaltecos. thats what i learned in spanish this week! haha. anyways glad you got there safe and your not yet plagued by the soon to come agony of missing everyone...yet. I would also just like to tell you that you being there is probbaly going to offer me a great distraction and excuse for not doing my homework. for example my moms not going to make me stop leaving you a blog message right now while im supposed to be writing an essay. so thanks!=) so hope your having fun!
-Brianna
and try not to get in cars too much!! and learning a new language probably uses double the amount of brain power becuase you have to learn everything in different words. oh yea!!! its probbaly really warm where you are. well guess what. its raining and about 37 degrees here. cool beans
Sam,
Neither a borrower nor a lender be. And don't nap under the monkey tree.
Finally, avoid the drivers seat. Not because you're not a good driver, which you are for the most part (work on the stopping part). Rather because AMICA says you aren't covered!
Love Dad
I wouldn´t get in the driver´s seat of a car here for any amount of money. and as for advice, what happened to ¨never eat a live platypus?¨ is that ok to do now?
also Brianna, he was un guatemalteco, and was speaking English, so I forgive him for that inaccuracy.
never eat a live platypus
Post a Comment